Future RN's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Future RN's

A place for nursing students to share, discuss, cry, vent or cuss.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I need real books!!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jamilyn81

jamilyn81

I need real books!!! Empty
PostSubject: I need real books!!!   I need real books!!! EmptyFebruary 1st 2015, 3:34 pm

I'll be the first to start the venting!  

My school charges a one-time fee of $1500 for all the books needed for the two year program.

But we only get two real books.  TWO!  The rest are e-books.  Shocked  $1500 for e-books???

The two we get are Fundamentals and Med-Surg.  So I'm sitting here clicking around in the e-book version of my Pharmacology text trying to study for a test tomorrow but I can't focus on the boring format (no brightly colored boxes of important info scattered about) and instead I end up over on YouTube watching videos of cute little baby giraffes.  

So, I guess I'll be spending at least $100 a semester to buy an actual book.  I thought about renting them but I like to highlight and write in little notes.  Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
jamilyn81

jamilyn81

PostSubject: Re: I need real books!!!   I need real books!!! EmptyFebruary 5th 2015, 2:39 pm

I sucked it up and ordered the hardcopy book for Pharm.

So . Much . Easier . To . Study!!!
Back to top Go down
Tiffanie

PostSubject: Re: I need real books!!!   I need real books!!! EmptyFebruary 19th 2015, 6:56 pm

I'm definitely like you when it comes to books. I like flipping the pages and highlighting!
Back to top Go down
nursebass

PostSubject: Re: I need real books!!!   I need real books!!! EmptyFebruary 22nd 2015, 3:45 am

Haha same here man. $1800 for the entire program's worth of books, but they're all e-books. I've never studied from a book personally, so the transition isn't as difficult for me as it might be for someone who is used to studying from a hard copy book. But yes, I know of several people who just caved and bought used, hard copy versions of the required text. Hey, whatever works!
Back to top Go down
NurseMurse

PostSubject: Re: I need real books!!!   I need real books!!! EmptyFebruary 23rd 2015, 11:22 pm

I need a book as well. I love to highlight! Without book I probably wouldn't study unless it was a video or audio lecture. I wish they did more of those! Audio especially!
Back to top Go down
jamilyn81

jamilyn81

PostSubject: Re: I need real books!!!   I need real books!!! EmptyFebruary 24th 2015, 9:11 am

NurseMurse wrote:
I need a book as well. I love to highlight! Without book I probably wouldn't study unless it was a video or audio lecture. I wish they did more of those! Audio especially!

Does your program do mostly e-books or real books??
Back to top Go down
jamilyn81

jamilyn81

PostSubject: Re: I need real books!!!   I need real books!!! EmptyFebruary 24th 2015, 9:15 am

nursebass wrote:
Haha same here man. $1800 for the entire program's worth of books, but they're all e-books. I've never studied from a book personally, so the transition isn't as difficult for me as it might be for someone who is used to studying from a hard copy book. But yes, I know of several people who just caved and bought used, hard copy versions of the required text. Hey, whatever works!

How do you study if you don't really use the books? We have "adaptive quizzing" online for each chapter which is just NCLEX style questions and a lot of times those exact questions are on our tests so I study by answering question after question after question.....then if I come across something in a question that I don't understand, I use the book to read about it and refresh myself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need real books!!!   I need real books!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

I need real books!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Future RN's :: So...What's Up? :: Something Bothering You?-
Jump to: