Future RN's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Future RN's

A place for nursing students to share, discuss, cry, vent or cuss.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Random Chat?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NurseMurse

Random Chat? Empty
PostSubject: Random Chat?   Random Chat? EmptyFebruary 18th 2015, 4:18 pm

Hmm anyone want to chat on here? I am going to try to start checking the forum once a day or two. It would be good to get to know you all more. So drop me a line. It can be nursing related or anything really. It could be cool to talk about youtube, religion, love, idc! I'm bad at thinking of a start topic but wanted to get this chat going!
Back to top Go down
jamilyn81

jamilyn81

Random Chat? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Chat?   Random Chat? EmptyFebruary 19th 2015, 10:12 pm

I want to know about your nursing program. It's interesting to me how each school takes different paths to ultimately reach the same place.

Do you attend a university? Are you in a 2yr or 4yr program? How many people are there in your class?

My school is a 2yr/5 semester diploma program through a local hospital. They accept 40 students once a year. We are all together in class, five days a week. We can't choose how many classes or credits we take each semester....it's all laid out for us already. If I were to fail a class....let's say I fail Pharm this semester....I'd have to wait an entire year to retake the class and I couldn't move on to other classes in the meantime. (Pray that doesn't happen lol)
Back to top Go down
jamilyn81

jamilyn81

Random Chat? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Chat?   Random Chat? EmptyFebruary 19th 2015, 10:16 pm

And what's the grading scale like? We're on a 7pt scale. It's horrible!! lol I miss the days when a 70-something was a C. lol

100-94 =A
93-87 =B
86-80 =C
Back to top Go down
NurseMurse

Random Chat? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Chat?   Random Chat? EmptyFebruary 21st 2015, 11:27 pm

I attend a community college that has a 2 year ADN program. Its supposed to be one of the best schools in the state though for nursing because they get really good pass rates on the NCLEX and locally are known to produce good nurses. Its probably very similar to your program from what I can tell!

For example if we fail pharm we have to reapply and there is no guarantee that you will get back in. Kinda freaky that you could get 3 semesters in and fail out. I think they said its likely you will get reenrolled in the class once but you only get one "chance" and typically it takes about a year to make it up similar to you. We also have the 7pt scale and anything less than a 77% in any class is failing. Even in math etc. Which totally bites! Ha. I really dislike doing math hw. We have 45 people in my class btw

So ya its kinda cool how similar our programs are. That must be pretty typical than of most school! I'll write more tom I just wanted to hop on here and respond before I went to sleep but im so exhausted! Talk to you tom! Smile
Back to top Go down
jamilyn81

jamilyn81

Random Chat? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Chat?   Random Chat? EmptyMarch 2nd 2015, 7:00 pm

Very cool! So what classes do you have this semester? You mentioned math...? We are doing Fundamentals and Pharmacology and just those two are soooo time consuming! Just since I was last on here, I've taken two Pharm tests, the Funds midterm and now studying for another Funds test on Thursday. We have two tests and one dosage calc. quiz each week, plus practice clinicals. I'm tired!! lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Random Chat? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Chat?   Random Chat? Empty

Back to top Go down

Random Chat?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Future RN's :: So...What's Up? :: Wanna Chit-Chat?-
Jump to: